Healthy, delicious, and sooooo easy to make! As I have mentioned before, Soups and Stews are my favorite kind of meals. Something about all that savory broth just warms my soul. This is a recipe that I personally created with some of my favorite tastes. It is very “change friendly” so feel free to substitute or add ingredients and don’t worry about precise measurements…let your taste buds guide you!
- 2 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno
- 1/4 cup of dry, white wine
- 2 cups of chopped tomatoes (I use my frozen ones from the garden but you could use canned as well)
- 1 tablespoon of hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons of fresh Italian Parsley, chopped (you could use dried if necessary)
- 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme leaves
- 2-3 cups of V-8 juice (depending on how soupy you want your result; I use Hot & Spicy V-8)
- One fish filet, cubed (I like Snapper but any meaty whitefish will do just fine)
- 1/2 pound of shrimp, cut into chunks
- 8 oz of lump crab meat (I use jumbo)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan, add onion and red pepper flakes. Saute until soft and tender.
Add jalapeno and garlic and saute 5 additional minutes. Pour wine into the pan and deglaze to get all the flavorful bits. Simmer until reduced (about 5 minutes). Add tomatoes, hot sauce, thyme leaves, and parsley. Simmer for 30 minutes. Taste broth and season with Salt & Pepper to taste.Your heaven in a bowl is ready to serve! Add some hot, crusty bread and your dinner is complete! Enjoy!